Profie shows mix of students attended MCCC in 2015

The 2015 Monroe County Community College Student Profile reveals enrollment at MCCC continued to decline for a fifth year. 

The Fall 2015 headcount was 3,482 which is 8.3 percent less than Fall 2014. Credit hours also decreased by 8.7 percent. 

Data from the Michigan Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers showed that compared to the other Michigan community colleges MCCC’s enrollment decline was slightly higher than the average 5.2 percent.

Most of the students enrolled at MCCC are part-time students.

Part-Time students make up 67.6 percent of the population and the other 32.4 percent is full-time students.

The Student Profile also shows the demographics of students such as age. 

Students under the age of 20 make up 43.3 percent of students enrolled at MCCC. Students 20-24 make up another 30 percent and ages 25-29 make up 10.1 percent. Students ages 30 and up make up 16 percent. 

In the same section the profile  includes information on ethnicity.

According the the information provided 84.5 percent of the schools population is caucasian. Hispanics and African Americans are tied at 2.7 percent. All other reported ethnicities make up less than one percent of the colleges population. The last 8.4 percent is not reported.

The last page of the Student Profile contains information of the cities with enrollment of 9 or more students. 

Monroe leads with 37.7 percent of enrollment. Next is Temperance with 9.4 percent, followed by Newport with 6.8 percent. Carleton with 5.4 percent