Students, staff and the community have a chance to meet the finalists.
Public forums have been set in place to give members of the public an opportunity to meet the presidential candidates, according to a May 16 press release by Joe Verkennes.
Eight semi-finalists were interviewed, and five finalists were selected on April 30. That changed when one finalist, Dr. Renay Scott, withdrew from the race. Scott was the vice president and provost of Owens Community College in Toledo.
Much remains in store for next week when the four finalists will be interviewed.
The search for a new college president has been picking up steam since the beginning of the year. Dr. David Nixon, current president of MCCC, has announced his retirement. Nixon’s employment contract ends on July 31.
Here is the schedule of the public forums:
May 21 (Location: La-Z-Boy Center, Room 257/258)
• 10:15-11:15 a.m.: Dr. Kojo Quartey
• 12:45-1:45 p.m.: Suzanne Wetzel
(More)May 22 (Location: La-Z-Boy Center Atrium)
• 10:15-11:15 a.m.: Dr. Karen Hays
• 12:45-1:45 p.m.: Dr. Carlee Drummer
In addition, here is a schedule of the finalist interviews, which are also open to the public:
May 21 (Locations noted below)
• 1:15-2 p.m.: Dr. Kojo Quartey. Location: Warrick Student Services/Administration
Building, Room 173c/d.
• 6:45-7:30 p.m.: Suzanne Wetzel. Location: La-Z-Boy Center, Board Room.
May 22 (Locations noted below)
• 1:15-2 p.m.: Dr. Karen Hays. Location: La-Z-Boy Center, Room 259/260.
• 6:45-7:30 p.m.: Dr. Carlee Drummer. Location: La-Z-Boy Center, Board Room